Neosho Falls, Kansas
Main Street, Neosho Falls
The Community Building/Post Office
In front of this building was this stone monument that seemed to be a monument to other long-gone monuments. The bell on top came from the First Presbyterian Church and was dated 1883. On the north side was this Masonic emblem, 1898. In front was a metal plaque from "The Canton Bridge Co. Builders, Canton, Ohio and facing south was a 1922 American Legion plaque honoring veterans from the Civil War, Spanish American War and the World War (1917-1918.)
All the town treasures from the past had been saved and placed here.
Neosho Falls is in northeast Woodson County, north of Piqua and about 20 miles from the county seat of Yates Center. The population is about 175.
Copyright Dave Leiker & Cheryl Unruh 2005